On July 6th. the results of the SolutionsPlus project were presented in Montevideo, Uruguay, where the progress of Component 1 and Component 2 were shown. Component 1 - conducted with the power utility company UTE and the Municipality of Montevideo - shows important advances at the design level of the multimodal charging node in the Ciudadela Terminal in Montevideo. Component 2 has already finished the local produced prototypes (exhibited in the showroom), being the vehicle testing and assessment conducted in the coming weeks.
COMPONENT 1: multimodal charging hub for e-buses, e-taxis and light electric vehicles in the Ciudadela Terminal of Montevideo City.
The approach/ innovative aspect:
• Support for the construction of a pilot multimodal charging hub for e-buses, e-taxis and light electric vehicles, which will feature smart charging solutions that are compliant with CCS-2, OCPP, and other standards.
• Charging solutions will allow overnight and opportunity charging for electric buses inside the Ciudadela Terminal, and e-taxis and light electric vehicles in one side of its border.
• Charging points to serve e-taxis during the day, which will have access to the 43 AC kW charging points, as well as charging points for light electric vehicles (16 Amps.)
• Provision of founds for the improvement of terminal infrastructure and project management for the installation of charging infrastructure.
• Support and project management to the integration of multi-standard fast chargers in the multimodal charging hub in the Ciudadela Terminal
• Invitation to the Public Utility Company (UTE) to be part in the project
• Definitions about the infrastructure improvements, such as facilities and pavements.
Fact and figures
• Over 95% of the electricity generated in Uruguay comes from renewable sources
• Fifty-five percent (55%) of the fuel combustion-related GHGs in Uruguay are from the transport sector
• The light-duty vehicle fleet in the country has been exponentially growing in the recent 5 past years.
COMPONENT 2: local manufacturing of light electric vehicles
E-mobility pilots 2nd. Component - Local Manufacturing of LEVs for Urban Logistics
Status of the demo: three local manufacturers have already prototyped their vehicles --> CargoBike / Wheele / GreenStar
5 vehicles in total
3 prototypes already finished
2 vehicles in progress
3 vehicles in total
1 prototypes already finished
2 vehicles in progress
2 tricycles + 2 quadricycles
1 prototype (tricycle) already finished
1 tricycle in progress + 2 quadricycles pending
Waiting for Valeo powertrains
Designed test pilots for e-cargo bikes:
Local counterpart for testings: National Directory of Energy
Final users: (women NGO)
Intended use of vehicles: Delivery&post services
Type of vehicles: e-cargo bikes
3 selected cities
3+2 months for testings (depending on the end of the manufacture)
4 vehicles will be tested
First pilot city: Paso de los Toros - Urguay
Population: 15.000 people
One rider per bike.
All trips will be monitored via app, gathering relevant information (km traveled, kWh, etc.).
A final suvey per rider will be conducted. Main topics of the final survey:
Purpose of the trip
Frequency of trips
Multimodal trips / combinations
Time & hours of services
Evaluation of the mobility service before and after SOL+ pilot
How the user was aware about the SOL+ vehicles
Background questions (age, gender)